When the company announced that it would be stopping the free charter flight to Sapporo in January, I decided that I really wanted to go again while there was still a chance. Hearing the news, made me so happy that Emmie and I took our last minute trip to the snow festival earlier this year. This trip was a little different...but never fear, we still hit up the Daiso store where almost everything is only 100 yen (~ 1 dollar). It was so much fun, and helps with Target withdrawals. In Yuzhno it seems like most of the stores carry exactly the same products, so it was refreshing to see such a variety of items and so cheap.
I have an increased respect for moms who travel internationally with young children. It was exhausting and they weren't even my kids! It was nice to see Sapporo in summer and enjoy beautiful clean parks and shops with every item imaginable and more. I think the trip was especially challenging for the moms but we all survived and it was fun to get to know them and their kids better. Check out some of the smiling moments on our trip...
| We happened upon a random festival complete with competing dance teams doing street performances - so cool! |
Red and I will head to Sapporo for a couple of days in November to soak up what may be our last time ever to have free international flights available to us. It will be Red's first trip to Sapporo, so I'm excited to show him around.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment