Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is high time for Carrie and I to end the great blog silence. Sorry for no posts. This last 3 months have been some of the most fun and adventure filled of our lives. We kept doing things and hardly gave ourselves time to sit down and write down our experiences. I am sad that we haven’t been able to share some of these experiences with you but now it’s time to make up for lost time!
So I bet you thought that when we would end our blog silence that it would be some epic pos…Well sorry to disappoint you. Today we are blogging about an everyday type adventure in the McGehee house. Today, 10+ hours of work, Carrie made some impressive lasagna that we ate for dinner. After dinner I began wandering around the house until I came upon our living room closet. I opened it looking for something to do – and that is where I found it – LEGOS!!!
And that about summarizes our night.
As we built legos we laughed, smiled, reminisced about our childhood together. Here are some of the thoughts that we shared:
· I remember where every lego set was purchased, when/where I received it and how much I liked each set, etc
o So Mom, all those lego presents you never thought I remembered, with Carrie as my witness, I remembered them all J. Thank you to you and Dad for buying me so many cool lego toys to be able to explore my eagerness to build/create things.
· How much we love looking back on and sometimes miss the simplicity of our childhood. Don’t you sometimes wish you could go back to the days when how to build an X-Wing out of your legos was one of your top concerns?
· How quickly life passes bye. As I started pulling out all of my dusty lego toys I was telling Carrie how I got this one in Denmark at legoland 16 years ago, or this one for Christmas in Carrolton ne almost 20 years ago. I remember these events like they were not that long ago but 20 years is a long time and it has gone by fast. Now I am married, have a job, live in Russia, so on and so forth. Crazy how time and periods of life seem long when you are going through it but when you look back on it, it seems like yesterday.
· Matt Roberts - I told Carrie about all of our memories building infinite combinations of space traveling death machines while listening to Michael Jackson in our concrete bunker playroom in Norway.
· On a less serious note, funny how I pick up legos and make a space traveling death machine and Carrie makes a ocean front bungalow where the center of the house is a bed for taking naps…Girls…There are even lego flowers in the yard…FLOWERS!!! Who puts flowers in a lego creation J
· A WORD OF CAUTION – THIS NEXT SENTENCE IS NOT A SUBTLE HINT – IT IS SIMPLY JUST AN OBSERVATION
o We also thought about how crazy it will be when our kids play with the same legos that I did when I was there age. Funny how life has circles like that.
· I had an incredible childhood with so many good memories of legos, traveling, sports, pets, lots of learning and lots of patience (ok not so much patience from me but more from my parents)
· Also, it has been ~1 year since we first heard that we might move to Sakhalin
o This has by far been the fastest and most exciting year of our lives
Ok, it’s 11:20PM and I need to post this. Sorry if there are any grammatical errors. I am not even going to check over it. Ok, I did check over it and the bullet points did not come through well. Sorry guys no time to fix it.
It’s good to be back in the blogosphere.
Red
It is high time for Carrie and I to end the great blog silence. Sorry for no posts. This last 3 months have been some of the most fun and adventure filled of our lives. We kept doing things and hardly gave ourselves time to sit down and write down our experiences. I am sad that we haven’t been able to share some of these experiences with you but now it’s time to make up for lost time!
So I bet you thought that when we would end our blog silence that it would be some epic pos…Well sorry to disappoint you. Today we are blogging about an everyday type adventure in the McGehee house. Today, 10+ hours of work, Carrie made some impressive lasagna that we ate for dinner. After dinner I began wandering around the house until I came upon our living room closet. I opened it looking for something to do – and that is where I found it – LEGOS!!!
And that about summarizes our night.
As we built legos we laughed, smiled, reminisced about our childhood together. Here are some of the thoughts that we shared:
· I remember where every lego set was purchased, when/where I received it and how much I liked each set, etc
o So Mom, all those lego presents you never thought I remembered, with Carrie as my witness, I remembered them all J. Thank you to you and Dad for buying me so many cool lego toys to be able to explore my eagerness to build/create things.
· How much we love looking back on and sometimes miss the simplicity of our childhood. Don’t you sometimes wish you could go back to the days when how to build an X-Wing out of your legos was one of your top concerns?
· How quickly life passes bye. As I started pulling out all of my dusty lego toys I was telling Carrie how I got this one in Denmark at legoland 16 years ago, or this one for Christmas in Carrolton ne almost 20 years ago. I remember these events like they were not that long ago but 20 years is a long time and it has gone by fast. Now I am married, have a job, live in Russia, so on and so forth. Crazy how time and periods of life seem long when you are going through it but when you look back on it, it seems like yesterday.
· Matt Roberts - I told Carrie about all of our memories building infinite combinations of space traveling death machines while listening to Michael Jackson in our concrete bunker playroom in Norway.
· On a less serious note, funny how I pick up legos and make a space traveling death machine and Carrie makes a ocean front bungalow where the center of the house is a bed for taking naps…Girls…There are even lego flowers in the yard…FLOWERS!!! Who puts flowers in a lego creation J
· A WORD OF CAUTION – THIS NEXT SENTENCE IS NOT A SUBTLE HINT – IT IS SIMPLY JUST AN OBSERVATION
o We also thought about how crazy it will be when our kids play with the same legos that I did when I was there age. Funny how life has circles like that.
· I had an incredible childhood with so many good memories of legos, traveling, sports, pets, lots of learning and lots of patience (ok not so much patience from me but more from my parents)
· Also, it has been ~1 year since we first heard that we might move to Sakhalin
o This has by far been the fastest and most exciting year of our lives
Ok, it’s 11:20PM and I need to post this. Sorry if there are any grammatical errors. I am not even going to check over it. Ok, I did check over it and the bullet points did not come through well. Sorry guys no time to fix it.
It’s good to be back in the blogosphere.
Red






Now more than ever I think about and pine for the simpler days of childhood or even the days before we had kids of our own. Its amazing how those carefree kids make their adult parents' lives exponentially more complex. Thanking God for our two little blessings amid the chaos. :-)
ReplyDelete